Immigration Exam Los Angeles
An immigration exam is very similar to a normal physical exam, except it is required for a foreigner to be granted citizenship. This test consists of:
- Medical history, including immunization and family medical issues
- Physical evaluation, looking at your vital signs and general physical health
- Mental evaluation to determine if you are suffering from any mental disorders
- Drug screening to determine if you are addicted to any substances
- Tests for medical conditions and whether these are contagious
Blood tests are one of the easiest and most common medical exams. They can be used for a variety of purposes, such as:
- Checking your general level of health
- Checking whether organs are working well
- Screening for medical conditions
Depending on the blood test, the patient may have to follow a few instructions before their test. For instance, you may be asked to avoid eating or drinking anything besides water for up to twelve hours before the test. Failing to follow these instructions might affect the results of the test.
The blood test itself consists of two steps. First, the doctor or nurse cleans the skin area where the sample will be taken from. A small quantity of blood is then drawn from the arm. This amount isn’t usually enough to make you feel light-headed, but some patients can react differently. The blood sample is then sent to the laboratory, where it will be examined under a microscope or reacted with other chemicals. It may take anywhere from a day to a few weeks to get the results. Once it’s ready, you’ll be notified of your results.