Dental Implants Los Angeles
Dental implantation provides fantastic results. Replacement teeth look and function just like your original teeth, making for a comfortable outcome that feels completely natural. Dental implants tend to fit better than less permanent alternatives like dentures or bridges because they provide a solid framework for your new teeth.
Most commonly, we find that individuals opt for dental implants if they have both missing teeth and their jawbone is in sufficient health to secure an implant. In some cases, a bone graft may be needed to reinforce the implant site and secure the tooth in place.
Dental implantation is a lengthy process of several months, but at the end of it, you will be left with a permanent dental fixture that feels and acts like a natural tooth.
ARE THERE ANY RISKS INVOLVED?
Dental implants are a very common procedure, and problems are rare. However, as with any invasive procedure, it’s important to be aware of the potential risks involved. In some cases it is possible that:
- The implant site may become infected
- You might incur damage to surrounding teeth
- You might experience sinus problems or nerve damage
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The dental implant procedure takes place over several months and requires some time for healing and recovery between each stage. So what can you expect during your implant procedure?
- First, we will remove your damaged tooth.
- If necessary, we will reinforce your jawbone with a bone graft.
- You will need to allow time for healing and bone growth.
- After recovery, we will place the abutment and artificial tooth.